Pages

Friday 7 July 2017

Day 1 - Bonus Activity 8 points

Bonus Activity: Now it’s time to start your tour! Curious Kiwi decides to start by taking you on a short tour through downtown Auckland. You stop at the Sky Tower, the tallest building in all of New Zealand. When you look up, you see a huge New Zealand flag on the top of the tower. This flag was created back in 1902. That makes the New Zealand flag 115 years old!
Last year, the Prime Minister of New Zealand suggested that we should replace the flag with a new, updated design. He invited everyone in New Zealand to come up with their own flag design and submit it.
For this activity, it is your turn to design a new flag. Use any drawing programme that you wish. I would recommend the Flag Designer website. It allows you to create a flag in three easy steps. When you are done, take a screenshot of your flag and post it on your blog.

This is my flag that I have made the app flag designer. I chose to create this flag because the symbol almost looks like a poppie so that this flag remembers the brave women and men that thought in World War I. 

6 comments:

  1. Hello Freeman, I also agree, it sort of those look like a poppy. Remember to double check your work because I found a couple of mistakes. Anyways, keep up the great blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Freeman
    It does look like a poppy, but is it possible to change the color to red? Like AJ said, remember to check your work before you post it because you wrote thought but it's meant to be fought. Anyway, keep up the awesome work!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Freeman, Nice flag. You have some really awesome symbols and colours. I like what the colours and symbols represent for. There's a couple of mistakes. If you can fix it that's great. Keep up the stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Freeman. I really like your flag. To me it does look like a poppy, but I prefer it red. Anyways keep up the great work you have been posting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Freeman!

    This is a very cool flag! I like that our ideas represent the people who went before us to fight for us and our country! It is such an important part of our history, and our future!

    Nice work!

    Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete