Pages

Thursday 28 December 2017

Week 1 - Day 3 - Activity 2 Pepeha

For this activity I did a pepeha. A pepeha is used to introduce yourself and talk about family or ancestry. In my pepeha I have talked about , What mountain I affiliate with , What river/lake/sea I affiliate with, My Mum & Dads name , Where I come from and my name. I found this activity interesting because I enjoyed trying to say the answers in Maori.

Ko Mount Wellington te Maunga
The Mountain I affiliate with is Mount Wellington

Ko Tamaki    te awa/roto/moana
The river I affiliate with is the Tamaki River.

No Tamaki Makaurau ahau
I am from Auckland

Ko Fusi raua ko Amanaki oku matua
My parents are Fusi and Amanaki.

Ko Freeman toku ingoa
My name is Freeman.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there Freeman, well done on completely another activity, it's great that you are blogging lots during your summer break.

    I have enjoyed reading your Pepeha and am impressed that you have been able to include so much detail. I like that you have written the English translation below each line and that the Te Reo line is in bold. It makes it really easy to read and understand. Great job!

    What is your favourite line from the Pepeha and why?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Freeman!

    Great job with your pepeha! Do you know what your marae is?

    I hope you had a great Christmas and New Year break and have been enjoying time with your family and friends! Don't forget you still have lots of time to complete the Summer Learning Journey activities. We'd love to have you come back and blog with us when you get a chance!

    Enjoy the rest of your holidays!

    Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Freeman
    Well done on finishing this summer learning journey activity. Your pepeha is great. I like how you put the Maori words in bold and the English words in normal text so it's easier for the reader to see. Keep up the awesome work Freeman!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete